- Log in
- The first time you deposit into DRUW, you will need to create an account using the “Login” link at the top right of the application.
- Select research data for deposit
- Consider which components of your work are most suitable for archiving and sharing.
- Think of it like publication - you want the data set to be as complete as possible.
- Apart from Fair Use, you must also decide what restrictions need to be placed on re-use of your data. Refer to the “How will your material be licensed” section in the FAQ.
Preparing your Data for Deposit
- Decide how to organize your data for others to use.
- Works & Collections
- A “Work” is a single functional item―which can be made of one file or multiple files―that was required for the research work.
- Does it make more sense to have one “Work” or to have multiple “Works”?
- Should you have multiple files in each “Work” or a single file per “Work”?
- A “Collection” is a group of works typically organized around a theme or category. Collections are not required.
- Do you need to have your own “Collection”?
- Decide what file formats and naming conventions you will use. A list of recommended file formats can be found in Recommended Formats [link to page on the Libraries website - preservation or link to data management libguide].
- Make sure you have the correct authorizations by reviewing the Protected Information Policy.
- Make sure the data set is as complete as possible
- Remove any personally identifiable information from the data. See the Protected Information Policy for more information.
Depositing your data (How to Upload)
Deposits are made using a secure online form to describe and upload your data.
Batch Upload: This will upload your data into separate sets.
Regular Upload: This will upload your data as a single set.
- STEP 1a: Describe your data - * Required Fields
- Title: A name to identify the work.
- Creator: The person or group responsible for the data.
- Keyword: (or phrase) to describe what the data is about. These will be used in search to find the data.
- Rights Statement: Indicate the copyright status of the work.
- Step 1b: Describe your data - Additional Fields
- Abstract or Summary
- Date Created
- Related URL
- Resource Type
- STEP 2: Add files
- Select files individually using the “Add files” option to find files on your computer or a cloud service to upload.
- OR, select a folder of files from your computer or a cloud service to upload all the files contained in it by using the “Add folder” option.
- STEP 3: Relationships: This optional step allows you to assign connections to other works or to a collection.
- STEP 4: Read the Deposit Agreement and check to agree
- STEP 5: After you have described your work, attached your files, and checked the deposit agreement, click the “Save” button in the right column to complete the deposit.
DRUW is supported by the UW Libraries' Digital Strategies group.